Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Knitting Resolutions for 2008!

Elizabeth asked last week about our resolutions for 2008. I've been stewing on this since she asked and I finally came up with a few. In 2007 I set my sights on knitting a pair of socks per month. I've got five pairs to show for it so I think I'd better aim a little lower this year! Well here goes:

  1. I'm going to finish my blue sweater. It's been sitting in the "basket o' shame" for well over a year and it's time it was done. I do think I may have to lose ten pounds or so for it to fit me so part of this resolution is to have the darn thing fit me by the time I finish it...I may have to take my sweet time finishing it!


  2. Along the lines of finishing things, years ago I started a lace sampler and this year I'm going to finish it. I love knitting on it but when you set it down it's a struggle to know where to start again and when you knit on it you really have to pay attention. I do love long rows of mindless knitting, however; 2008 is my year to finish the lace sampler.

  3. Lastly, on my knitting resolutions list is to knit socks again this year with Elizabeth. This year I'm setting my goal at 6 pairs of socks or one single sock per month. Seems resonable as I finished five pairs last year.

I do plan to continue knitting for folks in need and I know that Elizabeth will continue to bring projects to my attention!

Pat

No comments: